Saturday, June 30, 2007

About the Draft

The draft this year was, for me, a bit of a disappointment. Throughout the two weeks prior to the draft, I'd looked over every mock draft I could find, searching for evidence that a top point guard prospect could fall to us. I wasn't expecting us to draft a point guard who was going to step in and have a major impact right away. I was just hoping to land someone who could eventually replace J-Will after developing for a year or two.

So, needless to say, I almost threw my remote at the TV when the Lakers yanked Javaris Crittenton off the board ONE PICK before he fell to us.

Daequan Cook actually sounds like he could become a nice player. He didn't play much down the stretch for Ohio State last year, but supposedly he can really shoot it. For that reason, Cook might actually have a prayer of breaking into the rotation next year since the Heat could be about to loose both Posey and Kapono (at least one of those guys WILL be gone since we're up against the cap).

I know that Riles doesn't like to play young guys...... But this roster is going to be hurting for guys who can shoot the 3 if Posey and Kapono both go.

No comments: